Alright!!!

Posted on | August 31, 2011 | 27 Comments

The answer to the above picture is NO, you don’t have patience :)

Things are hectic and this is going to be a very short update.  I’ll write more about it later.

I have a brand new job.  Yep.  I am now working for a Real Estate Mortgage Firm that has one in house counsel who only works there part-time and I am there full time to help him with the legal documents, etc.  He is young, very nice and told me not to take this job seriously because the only way I would be terminated is if I lit the office on fire.

So- yea me!

Comments

27 Responses to “Alright!!!”

August 31st, 2011 @ 5:24 pm

Thanks! Too bad there is no legal fraud stuff. Just boring real estate leases.

2. Kambros2004
    September 1st, 2011 @ 1:01 pm

To boring for me. but congrats to you, will hopefully be low stress!  Me, I need stress in my life or I go crazy! Forego that Im already crazy! Yes its been one of those mornings and no I have no patience already and its only 9 am!  Have a wonderfule day folks. :)

September 1st, 2011 @ 2:36 pm

Thanks for the congrats!

September 1st, 2011 @ 1:24 pm

Are you kidding?  The mortgage industry is a hotbed of fraud.  You will be surprised what you find.

September 1st, 2011 @ 2:36 pm

Sweet!

6. Erinj423
    September 1st, 2011 @ 3:42 pm

I just started my first paralegal job last month – doing mortgage/foreclosure stuff and yes, it’s FULL of fraud and all sorts of “WTF.”
    But… I don’t work for an attorney.  I work for/with a legal assistant who started his company in order to help pro se litigants facing foreclosure.
    I have NO CLUE how do to most of what I do when I’m asked to do it.  I’m just told to “figure it out.”  There was/is ZERO training, because my boss worked alone since he started in 2007 and only hired me and one other paralegal this year and is so busy/used to being alone that he doesn’t have time to explain ANYTHING.
    Anyway, I could go on but didn’t intend to rant…
    I’m happy for you and at the same time, envious, bc although you have lots of experience as a paralegal aside from your new position that I didn’t/don’t have, you’ll be working for an attorney.  Oh how I’d love to be working for an attorney.  Oh well.
    Good luck and congrats =)

September 2nd, 2011 @ 1:24 am

Oh no! That sucks and I feel your pain. There is nothing worse than someone saying “figure it out” when if they would take just 30 freaking minutes to help. Don’t they get the fact that they ate not only helping you, but themselves by cutting down mistakes? Idiots!
    Hang in there.

8. Erinj423
    September 6th, 2011 @ 6:24 pm

Update…  I was told last week I would be getting a “promotion” to a position as “paralegal administrator.”  I was told it would mean I would be training newly hired paralegals and delegating work to them.  Nevermind that I never got any training myself, that I am only a few months in to my very first ever paralegal position, and that this “promotion” would not include a raise…  So… I went out and found myself a new job. Interviewed last week, got the offer this morning, and will be starting on the 19th.  Gave my notice to my current boss this morning.  Amen.

September 6th, 2011 @ 9:34 pm

Congrats!!!

10. SC
    August 31st, 2011 @ 8:44 pm

Yay congrats! I want a new paralegal job so bad, I hope some of your luck rubs off on me. I do real estate and have now for some time. Good gig!

11. Paralegal_ChaChaCha
    August 31st, 2011 @ 9:49 pm

Congratulations, PH!

I’m sure you’ll be fine, but it is easier to set an office on fire than one might think – our most recently-hired legal assistant tried to microwave a sandwich wrapped in tin foil.  Despite the ruined microwave, busted-out fire extinguisher and arrival of the fire department… she was not fired.

August 31st, 2011 @ 9:57 pm

OMG!!! I can’t stop laughing! I am sure the legal assistant was horrified, but that is freaking funny!

13. Paralegalicious
    September 1st, 2011 @ 12:36 pm

Congratulations, PH!!  Should be a really nice change from the Death Star.

September 1st, 2011 @ 2:37 pm

Thank you. I really hope so

15. Aimtx
    September 1st, 2011 @ 12:43 pm

Hot damn.

September 1st, 2011 @ 2:36 pm

I know!! Thanks!

17. ClarityLegalDalFamLaw
    September 1st, 2011 @ 3:23 pm

Woohooo!! Good for you!

18. Anonymous
    September 1st, 2011 @ 3:31 pm

That is awesome! I can not wait to read about your adventures there.

19. In-House Paralegal
    September 1st, 2011 @ 3:37 pm

In-house real estate can be fun -especially in Texas.  You start with mineral rights fights and the gloves come off and it is down right hillbilly rock-em-sock-em fun!  Just wait, it will get good! Congrats – but damn, those DeathStar stories are just too good! Okay, good as in it makes me feel so much better about where I am at!

20. The Exortionist
    September 1st, 2011 @ 5:18 pm

They keep raising the bar don’t they :)
    Seriously, congratulations!

21. Ty1220
    September 2nd, 2011 @ 12:34 am

That is good news PH. Congrats to you and I wish you the best there. As someone said though, I will miss some of the DS stories 😀

September 2nd, 2011 @ 12:39 am

Ya’ll are so funny!! I have to admit, the DS stories ate amusing now that I am gone, but I am not going to miss it.
    If anyone wants me to hook the up with an interview with Darth though, let me know :)

September 2nd, 2011 @ 11:31 am

Hooray – congrats!!  That’s awesome!  And a nice, young attorney – train him right! 😉

September 2nd, 2011 @ 1:55 pm

Way to go!  In house!  Sounds like a much friendlier environment.  Sorry for the delay in responding, I’ve been trying to find a picture of stormtroopers jumping for joy but it just isn’t out there.

September 2nd, 2011 @ 3:10 pm

That would be a great picture!

26. Ilovebutterflyfish
    September 2nd, 2011 @ 8:39 pm

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. Poonam
    September 4th, 2011 @ 3:52 pm

Congrats!! Well deserved :)