How To Tell If A Swedish Man Thinks You’re Hot

Posted on | June 29, 2011 | 23 Comments

* Actual picture of HSF :)

This is THE look for a Swedish man interested in a woman. They refuse to accept the existence of such a look, but it does indeed exist.

What is it?  Ladies, you know the look you give a man in the bar/restaurant/party etc that you’re interested in him? You look at him, make eye contact, smile shyly, look away, look back at him, and turn away. That, is basically the look a Swedish man gives.

He is an expert at staring at the floor even when none is in line of sight. He will look at you very shyly, smile a little, bat his eyes and look down at the floor at the same time, then look back up at you. I call the ‘devil in a sheep’s outfit’ look. It’s very innocent and endearing but you know and he knows, there are very naughty intentions behind it.

This look is the definite sign of trouble. Ladies  if you get this look from a Swedish man, you either move in for the kill or move on. He’s played his move with his shy, quiet Nordic self; he’s waiting for you now. It’s subtle. He already drank a few beers and mustered up the courage to give you the look. So, you better your know it.

And if you can recognize the Swedish male look, you’ll know how to hunt down any Swede you want. And if you are timid with men, unlike myself, well you are partly screwed. This is Swedish men after all, and in Sweden, the women pick up the men.

Välkommen till Sverige.

Comments

23 Responses to “How To Tell If A Swedish Man Thinks You’re Hot”

June 29th, 2011 @ 12:51 pm

Long Live Finland!

June 29th, 2011 @ 4:09 pm

Easy Grumpy. You still want an invite to the wedding, right? :)

June 29th, 2011 @ 4:35 pm

Leave it to me to know the only thing that makes a Swede angry.

June 29th, 2011 @ 10:09 pm

Ha! It’s true! Not that HSF is mad, but that it is an ultimate insult to call a Swede either Norwegian or Finnish. Mostly Finnish :)

5. AJWEsq.
    June 29th, 2011 @ 3:07 pm

Did HSF need his ego massaged or something?

June 29th, 2011 @ 4:10 pm

Ha! No, I just wanted an excuse to post his picture.

7. Kathy
    June 30th, 2011 @ 2:13 pm

Damn!!! Youll excuse me if I use that smoldering look tonight in my dreams …lol

June 30th, 2011 @ 3:09 pm

HSF is pretty hot, isn’t he? :)

June 30th, 2011 @ 7:11 pm

You kind of make it hard for us ladies to feel sorry for you if you are having a bad day since you get to go home to that.

June 30th, 2011 @ 7:38 pm

No- he gets to come home to me!!! HSF does not need a bigger ego.
    Back me up Counselor..

11. HSF
    June 30th, 2011 @ 8:41 pm

Ladies, Ladies. I may be hot, but PH is hotter.
    /HSF

12. AJEsq.
    July 5th, 2011 @ 5:45 pm

No.  HSF does not need a bigger ego.  It’s already the size of his gut.  :)

/Boom!  Roasted!

13. WKoA
    June 30th, 2011 @ 1:40 am

1. Who is HSF, and what does HSF stand for?
    2. If you are dating this person, how attractive does that make you?
    3. Do you work in Europe or something? I just don’t see a lot of Swedes in public, that’s all.
    4. Where are all the Swedish WOMEN at?
    5. If a Swedish woman picks me up, does she wear the pants in the relationship? (So I may wear no pants at all, while lying on the couch and playing with our dog while she is at work. Awesome.)

June 30th, 2011 @ 2:52 am

1. Read my fucking blog for the majority of the answers to your amazing and well thought out questions
    2. Why the fuck would any woman, Swedish, or otherwise, want to go out with someone who wants to sit around naked playing with their dog?

15. WKoA
    July 1st, 2011 @ 4:31 pm

1. I’m not reading through 440+ blog posts to find answers to questions it would take you 1 minute to answer. You can pay me if you want me to do research.
    2. I’m awesome. Just because I’m not wearing pants doesn’t mean I’m naked. I’ve trained shelter dogs that carry themselves better than you. Unless you grew up on the streets, I think that says something.
    3. Relax. I’ve worked harder in more stressful situations than you could ever hope for. Think emergency room. I doubt your talents for cynicism would be relevant while performing chest compressions on a dead toddler in front of his crying mother.
    4. Relax. Law doesn’t teach you how to maintain health as a human should. In the miniscule free time you probably don’t have, read up on some physiology. I know you will enjoy it.

July 1st, 2011 @ 6:12 pm

Yes, I agree, you are totally awesome and have convinced me with you valid points in 2-4. How in the hell did I think you were a total asshole at first? Wow- Your comment in number 3 has really made re-think my whole blog, and my whole life. Thank God you found my blog to troll on. You are totally right, I should have answered YOUR questions about my blog. I can pay you to do your own research! You are totally right.
    Fuck off.

17. Superlegalfun
    July 5th, 2011 @ 1:35 pm

Dear Guest:

Ignorance need not reply. Please seek a place elsewhere for your womanizing antics. If you are looking for a female companion, it is easy to see why you have not found one. Get a clue!

Sincerely,
    Superlegal

PS. PH: Awesome catch, but HSF obviously snatched up a good one. ;0)

July 5th, 2011 @ 6:36 pm

You should have seen the email this same idiot sent me.
    Trolls. Gotta love them.

19. Paralegal in Hell
    June 30th, 2011 @ 5:15 pm

Oh. My. God.
    You *have* that???

I now must hate you forever.  My husband is English and sadly Englishmen don’t look Swedish…  :(

June 30th, 2011 @ 7:01 pm

I would like to think that HSF is lucky to have me :)
    I didn’t call him Handsome Swedish Fiancé for nothing :). Of course, I am better looking :)

21. SavvyPara
    July 1st, 2011 @ 1:58 pm

OMG, Seriously – that is your HSF????  I am so jelly (aka jealous) right now.  Can I get an invite to the wedding?  P.S.  LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog.  Keeps me going during my own “bad” days.  Good luck in the job search.  And heck, look at the bright side – you get to snuggle up to THAT every night!  Damn. I must go take a cold shower now …

July 1st, 2011 @ 3:37 pm

Once again, HSF is lucky to have ME people! :)

23. SavvyPara
    July 1st, 2011 @ 6:47 pm

Of course PH, that is EXACTLY what I meant to say.