Posted on | December 8, 2010 | 7 Comments
Lots of you have emailed and asked who the nicest and the worst celebs that I have met have been.
Today, this is a list of the nicest. Please remember that I was in New York a long time ago, so the celebs on my list may have changed into giant douche bags now, but at the time, they were super nice.
In no particular order…
1. Johnny Depp- He was promoting Edward Scissorhands and was extremely polite, and actually asked questions to the people he talked to and listened to their answers! He was somewhat shy, but very likeable.
2. Dan Aykroyd- Met him while he was promoting Ghostbusters II. He made it his job to talk to everyone at the party and thank them for coming. Very nice and sincere.
3. Holly Hunter– She was in town promoting Miss Firecracker Contest and was awesome! So sweet and made a point to remember your name. As I was leaving she called out, “Thanks for coming, PH!”
4. Kelly Ripa– She was still on that soap- All My Children? Anyway, she was years away from being on Regis and was really sweet. She gave great gossip about the people on the set of her show (I don’t watch it, so had no idea who she was talking about), but was very down to earth.
5. Dolly Parton– Can not remember why I was at a party with her, but I told her how much I loved her music. Her assistant at the time, when we were leaving, asked me for my address. I didn’t think anything of it, but three weeks later Ms. Parton sent me her newest CD (at the time).
6. Cher– Yep. I met the diva. She was very cool and did not come off as as the diva that she is. She was very funny and laughed at herself. Not many stars can do that.
7. David Sedaris– So very shy, but funny as hell.
8. Nicholas Cage– He was promoting David Lynch’s movie Wild At Heart and was very kind to everyone. David Lynch was nice as well, but a tad odd. I am sure that comes as no surprise to anyone.
9. Keifer Sutherland– Very nice and apologetic for the way Slug Lips acted. Thank God he never married that creature.
10. Glenn Close- Classy. So very classy and sweet. She was in town promoting Reversal of Fortune. I loved her in Dangerous Liaisons and was a star struck loser when I got to talk to her. She laughed (kindly) at my behavior and told me that she was just the same as everyone else in the room, in which I replied, “Yes, but with a bigger paycheck.” She laughed and talked to me for about 30 minutes. She was very easy to talk to and was lovely.
Tomorrow, the biggest asshole celebs I have ever met