Come on two weeks…

Posted on | October 27, 2010 | 12 Comments

The countdown begins…

Boss is a complete asshole today.  He is being a paranoid, insensitive jerk.

Honestly, it is because he realizes that pretty soon, he is going to have to deal with all the crap that I have had to do for the past couple of years and he is acting like a damn toddler.

Most of the calls today have been legal advice.  I DO NOT give legal advice.  All I can do is take the client’s message and hand it off to Associate and Boss.  Even if I know the answer, which I usually do, this is not my job.  I will not find myself in a lawsuit one day stating that I told a client xyz, which would consist of legal advice.

Usually, Boss is super paranoid about this.  However, now, since he knows his days of playing golf during the day and basically not doing shit are over, he wants no part of these messages.  He threw a fit about one client’s call, screamed at me that I should have given this to Associate, in which I told him that I did and Associate told me to give the message to him.  In Associates defense, he doesn’t know what the hell Boss wants either.  One day it is I want nothing to do with this firm and the next day he is screaming that he is not briefed on what is going on in the office.  He is fucking insane.

Ms. G is going to resign tomorrow.  I don’t blame her.  I love her, but there is no way she wants to be left alone with his craziness and she cries a lot more than I do, so I told her I support her decision and wish her the best of luck.

Boss will freak the fuck out when she gives him the news.  She wants to leave ASAP, so after my two weeks are up, it will just be him and Associate.  This will definitely cut into his golf time and he will not be happy.  Not that he ever is…

I have had a doctors appointment for my children on the calendar for about a month now.  It is this Thursday.  I promise you that Boss will send me an email telling me to re-schedule, in which I will reply no.  This will make my day suck beyond all suckatude (yes, that is a word) on Thursday, but so what.  I have a light at the end of the tunnel, and this time, it isn’t a train coming full speed at me.

Paralegal

Comments

12 Responses to “Come on two weeks…”

1. Another ParaLegal
    October 27th, 2010 @ 2:32 pm

Yes, when you KNOW the end is near, all “suckatude” events seem just a little less “suckatude.” Be light of heart girl because, yes the end of this chapter is near. Ahhh, can you smell that? That’s the smell of Boss’s fear of malpractice now that you won’t be there to clean up all the shit piles!

October 28th, 2010 @ 2:29 am

That is the thought that keeps me going. He is actually going to have to answer the clients phone calls for awhile.
    It makes my cold, bitter heart so happy.

3. TxParalegal
    October 27th, 2010 @ 3:05 pm

I don’t envy you these last few days…it’s gonna be hell. Boss knows it’s his fault and I’m sure you are just the icing on the cake of his shitty life right now. Countdown begins….to more money, benefits and parking.

October 28th, 2010 @ 2:24 am

Yep. Check out the countdown clock on the site :)

October 27th, 2010 @ 3:12 pm

But, whatever you do, don’t give in during a weak moment and offer to help out after you leave. I did it and it sucked! For three months I tried to learn a new job and still help out at the old. NOT WORTH IT!

Hang in there. You made it this far when you had no out. Now that there is some hope, you can make it a few more days.

October 27th, 2010 @ 10:09 pm

The way Boss is acting, he will be lucky if I even show for my last week

October 28th, 2010 @ 2:27 am

Thanks sweetie!

October 27th, 2010 @ 4:06 pm

…suckatude….love it.

You’d think that realizing he’s going to have to deal with that crap himself soon would encourage him NOT to act like a major asshat so that other people might actually want to help him. But, no, that’s why he’s a huge asshat. At least one of the reasons.

I don’t envy you right now, either. Good frickin’ luck after Ms. G resigns. Keep your eye on that light – the end of tunnel is getting closer!

October 28th, 2010 @ 2:26 am

Yes. Tomorrow is going to be super fun, but I don’t have much longer with his insanity.

10. Nikki McKnight
    October 27th, 2010 @ 6:45 pm

In the last 2 weeks at my last job, my supervising attorney said “Well, I’m sure we’ll have some questions for you after you leave.” I replied, “I’m trying to make sure you don’t have to do that.” A look of understanding came over her face. The look said “I’m effed.”

October 28th, 2010 @ 2:25 am

Good for you! There is no way I am training anyone. Period.

12. Come on two weeks… – Paralegal Hell « Law Yarns
    October 28th, 2010 @ 10:49 am

[…] the rest here: Come on two weeks… – Paralegal Hell Related Posts:Foreclosure Article – Paralegal Hell the rest here: Foreclosure Article – […]