Fun With Boss

Posted on | June 30, 2010 | 20 Comments

Boss: “Paralegal,  Law Clerk is hovering over me again.  Give him something to do.”

Me: “Well, he could do my job and I can take the day off..”

Boss: “Nope.  I need you here.  Nice try. ”

Me: “I don’t really have any work for him Boss, I am about 4 days ahead right now.  I guess he can make client phone calls and answer the phones..”

Boss: “I don’t care what you give him, but if he answers the phone make sure you listen.  I don’t want him giving any advice or wrong information.  You know more about this law firm than anyone.”  “Hey- why didn’t you go to law school anyway?”

Me: “Well Boss, after I changed careers, I had two children and since they are not handing out Rock Band scholarships for college yet, I thought I better not rack up any more debt.”

Boss: “I bet you could get a good LSAT score, not as high as mine (Boss made 157), but a pretty decent score.”

Me: “That sounds like a challenge Boss.  If you pay for it, I’ll take the test and beat your score.”

Boss: “Fine, but I don’t want you crying the day you get your score because you aren’t as smart as me.  Give me the test information and start studying.  But don’t study on my time, damnit!”

Me: “I wouldn’t dream of it sir.”

Looks like I am taking the LSAT in October just on a bet.  If I don’t beat Boss I will have to look for another job because I will never hear the end of it.

Paralegal

Comments

20 Responses to “Fun With Boss”

1. idwsj
    June 30th, 2010 @ 4:46 pm

Seems like a good reason.

June 30th, 2010 @ 5:00 pm

Doesn’t it? Can’t think of a better reason than a bet :)
    I am so screwed. He has already paid for it, so I will be eating crow soon.
    I hope they taste like chicken.

3. idwsj
    June 30th, 2010 @ 4:46 pm

Seems like a good reason.

4. admin
    June 30th, 2010 @ 5:00 pm

Doesn’t it? Can’t think of a better reason than a bet :)
    I am so screwed. He has already paid for it, so I will be eating crow soon.
    I hope they taste like chicken.

5. Law School Ninja
    June 30th, 2010 @ 7:07 pm

Oooooh I SO hope you beat his score! Good luck! I recommend Powerscore’s Logical Reasoning Bible and Logic Games Bible for studying.

June 30th, 2010 @ 7:50 pm

Thanks!! I will pick it up today. I need all the help I can get. I only have 3 freakin months.
    I need to shut my big mouth sometimes.

7. Law School Ninja
    June 30th, 2010 @ 7:07 pm

8. admin
    June 30th, 2010 @ 7:50 pm

I need to shut my big mouth sometimes.

9. GrumpyHumbug
    June 30th, 2010 @ 10:24 pm

Hey, if the mental midgets I’ve worked for in the past can pass the LSAT, you should manage just fine.

10. GrumpyHumbug
    June 30th, 2010 @ 10:24 pm

June 30th, 2010 @ 11:04 pm

Grumpy- you always make me laugh! I have to get a 158. If not, he will NEVER let it go.

12. admin
    June 30th, 2010 @ 11:04 pm

13. CorporateParalegal
    July 1st, 2010 @ 1:47 pm

Well…if nothing else at least you know that you will have scores of paralegals behind you cheering you on! I have heard that you can also help by simply reading the newspaper everyday and then trying to summarize each paragraph in your own words. It is supposed to help with reading comprehension.

July 1st, 2010 @ 2:07 pm

Thank you Corporate! I need all the positive thought I can get :) Your support means a lot!
    Hey- do you want to take it for me instead? I can offer you a whopping $10 to sweeten the pot :)

15. CorporateParalegal
    July 1st, 2010 @ 1:47 pm

16. admin
    July 1st, 2010 @ 2:07 pm

17. Nick
    July 9th, 2010 @ 8:22 am

Just ran across your blog and was reading back posts because you make me laugh. If your humor is an indicator of intelligence, you’ll do just fine. The LSAT isn’t tough at all and if you got a 140 something or another on a practice, you’ll bring it up in no time. Good luck with the studying and let us know how it goes :).

July 9th, 2010 @ 3:17 pm

Thanks Nick! I am so glad you get my sense of humor and so happy you are enjoying the blog.
    I need to study a bit more, have been slacking due to work, but am going to hit the stupid Logic games this weekend.

19. Nick