Actual Email I Got to Send to a Client

Posted on | June 24, 2010 | 10 Comments

Today is a happy day for me.  This week I have had two different clients who have been an absolute nightmare to deal with.

Today I got a phone call bitching me out because they did not get a call back from Boss nor did they get an update phone call from me when Boss was supposed to make phone calls on their behalf.  This did not make me happy, but when Boss found out, he flipped the fuck out and told me to unleash hell on her.

Mr. and Ms. Demanding:

Attached, please find the letter that you demanded from me from your phone conversation this morning.  You will notice it is the same letter you already have, since the trustee sends you a copy of it as well.

Please note that it is your responsibility to read all letters from the trustee, not ours.  If you chose to ignore them and then realize you had a problem, that is not our fault.

We have also gone beyond the call of duty for you and your situation.  I personally called the trustee several times to see where the Modification was and what the hold up was in order to speed the process along for you and your family.  My time is valuable, actually it is $85 per hour, so when you call demanding phone calls immediately or lists for things you already have , I do not appreciate that treatment and Boss feels like you owe me an apology.

I understand that you feel your case is important.  We do too.  But to demand phone calls immediately and to demand things from me is not appreciated or feasible.  My attorneys are busy with not just your case, but several others.  I, also, am busy with other cases besides you own.  When you call demanding immediate action, it does not sit well with our firm since we have done countless work on your behalf without you even appreciating it.

If you wish to discuss this same situation further, after two consultations and one missed appointment, Boss will be charging you $350 per hour.

If you chose to call me and discuss this matter, Boss will be charging you $85 per hour.

If you wish to no longer have Boss as your counsel, I already have The Motion To Withdraw papers ready, per Boss’s instructions if you wish to sign.

Paralegal

I love it when Boss takes up for me.  I have done hours of work for this family and they are so rude on the phone.  I do NOT like being treated like a personal assistant to the clients.  I will go out of my way to do anything for clients who are appreciative.  Not client’s who are utter douche bags.

Comments

10 Responses to “Actual Email I Got to Send to a Client”

1. GrumpyHumbug
    June 24th, 2010 @ 6:42 pm

We have a pseudo-client like that (we actually work for his Title Insurer). He doesn’t grasp that since we don’t work for him, we don’t need to take his abusive calls. One day the attorney’s secretary finally had enough (no small feat, she’s been here 27 years) and let him have it with both barrels. We haven’t heard from him since, apparently he’s turned the vitriol back to his Title Insurer.

2. GrumpyHumbug
    June 24th, 2010 @ 6:42 pm

June 24th, 2010 @ 7:54 pm

Thank goodness you haven’t heard from him since.
    You know- it just crawls all over me that client’s think I am going to ask how high when they tell me to jump. It seems that Bankruptcy has the most of these clients.
    When I worked Criminal, never once did my criminals give me a hard time. It was always, “Yes Ms. Paralegal. Thank you.”
    I should go back to Criminal….

4. The Bad Paralegal
    February 11th, 2011 @ 6:43 am

I am new to your blog and am reading it from the beginning. You are capital Wonderful! Your blog helps me feel sane. God bless you!
    I used to work for a criminal attornye and you’re right; criminal clients are the worst people acting at their best. Much easier to deal with.

The Bad Paralegal

5. admin
    June 24th, 2010 @ 7:54 pm

Thank goodness you haven’t heard from him since.
    I should go back to Criminal….

6. LawSchoolDreamer
    June 24th, 2010 @ 8:25 pm

You are so fortunate to have a boss that has your back! Why is it that legal clients always feel they are the sole client. I understand things are stressful but patience is a virtue.

7. LawSchoolDreamer
    June 24th, 2010 @ 8:25 pm

8. CorporateParalegal
    June 25th, 2010 @ 6:16 pm

I work for a corporation so I see my client everyday. The best is when they follow you into the bathroom with their questions!

9. CorporateParalegal
    June 25th, 2010 @ 6:16 pm

10. Dixie Paralegal
    February 11th, 2011 @ 6:48 pm

PH, I have to say, I love your blog! I also follow Grumpy’s blog, and I love that one too! The two of you have kept me sane on many, many occasions when being a paralegal has been . . . um . . . challenging. Keep doing what you do, and to hell with the haters!!! :o)